SCHOOL’S OUT FOR THE SUMMER! Every year summer promises freedom and adventure for all, whether it be used to complete long-forgotten projects or to catch up on the latest seasons of our favorite shows (I’ve lost countless hours to The Vampire Diaries and Gossip Girl, we all need a guilty pleasure sometimes). Sometimes it’s hard to find fun ways to spend the freedom we look forward to all year long, so here are some of my favorite summer activities, I hope they spark some ideas!
- Canoeing/ Kayaking: If you’re anything like me, you’ll find any way to say “Yeah, I worked out today”. Well, here’s a cheat for you: just grab a paddle and you won’t even know it’s exercise! Go solo and enjoy some quiet time with nature, or take a friend and catch up on some much-needed conversation.
- Find a Good Summer Read: Whenever my summer is lacking in any pizzazz, I just delve into a book, and the characters usually lead far more interesting lives. Just find a go-to spot (for me it’s a hammock by our fish pond), and relax for a few hours. Mom highly recommends Me Before You by Jojo Moyes; read it and then head to the movie theater to catch the film!
- Go Boutiquing: Even just window shopping can be good for the soul sometimes, plus every gal needs a new summer sundress!
- Take a Hike: Whether you want to admit it or not, almost everyone lives relatively close to some kind of walking trail. If possible, we recommend you check out the trails at Harper’s Ferry, Virginia; they’re friendly to newbies like us and offer some gorgeous scenery and satisfying views from the top.
- Ride a Bike: Okay, I’ll fess up, I still have just as much fun trying to pedal with no hands today as I did when I was little.
- Get Creative: You don’t have to be an artist to create a masterpiece, you can buy cheap canvasses and paint at your local Walmart or craft store and just have some fun! I like to paint simple backgrounds to put my favorite quotes over, making for cheap wall decorations or gifts.
- PIG OUT: Don’t forget to enjoy the yummy summer exclusive treats, from watermelon and corn on the cob to popsicles and burgers on the grill. Oh, and did I mention that Jeanne’s Lemon Roll is a divine and refreshing poolside snack?!
LOVE YOU ALL and MISS YOU BUNCHES !!!! I really enjoy reading these, keep it up !!! XOXOXO.