Jump to recipe
Here’s one of my favorite tastes of fall! This warm pumpkin cake is moist and almost pudding-like, and is best served warm with a generous dollop of homemade whipped cream.
- (1) 20 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- (1) 13 ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 tsps. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Mix pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs and spices in mixing bowl; pour into 9x13 greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top, then evenly sprinkle chopped nuts.
- Pour melted butter over entire top.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm right out of pan, topped with fresh whipped cream.
Share This Story!